LAST UPDATED: April 2016
- 1. Acceptance of Terms. The Site is made available by the Organization subject to this Agreement. We reserve the right to update or make changes to this Agreement from time to time in our sole discretion, which changes we may provide to you by any reasonable means, including without limitation, by posting the revised version of this Agreement on the Site. You can determine when this Agreement was last revised by referring to the “LAST UPDATED” legend at the top of this Agreement. Your access to or use of the Site after such posting or other notification will signify your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by such updates. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any updates to this Agreement shall not apply to any dispute between you and Organization that arose prior to the date of such posting or other notification. When using any Services (as defined below), you agree that you are subject to any additional posted guidelines, rules, terms and conditions applicable to such Services, which are hereby incorporated by reference into this Agreement.
We reserve the right, at any time and from time to time, temporarily or permanently, in whole or in part, to: modify or discontinue the Site, with or without notice; modify and/or waive any fees charged in connection with the Site; and/or offer opportunities to some or all users of the Site. You agree that neither we nor any of our affiliates (collectively, "Affiliated Entities”) shall be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site, in whole or in part, or of any Service, content, feature or product offered through the Site. Your continued use of the Site after such changes will indicate your acceptance of such changes.
- Jurisdictional Issues. The Site is hosted by the Organization from the United States, and is not intended to subject the Organization to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. The Organization does not represent or warrant that the Site or any part thereof is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction other than the United States. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Site's availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
- Description of the Services. We provide users of the Site with access to certain content and services related to funding research and raising awareness for brain disorders, which may include, without limitation: (a) services such as profiles, forums, discussion boards, purchasing functionality, registration functionality, voting and polling functionality, RSS feeds, blogs, and links to third party websites; and (b) content such as audio and video clips, calendars, photographs, graphics, images, text, data, user comments, opinions, postings and messages and other similar content (such content and services, collectively, the "Services").
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING HEALTH-RELATED INFORMATION: YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE PROVIDES CERTAIN INFORMATION REGARDING BRAIN DISORDERS AND OTHER HEALTH-RELATED ISSUES. SUCH INFORMATION (A) IS NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT, (B) SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS THE PROVISION OF ADVICE OR RECOMMENDATIONS, AND (C) SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS THE BASIS FOR ANY DECISION OR ACTION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT OF ANY HEALTH PROBLEM. THE ORGANIZATION IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY SUCH INFORMATION. SUCH INFORMATION IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED COMPLETE OR UP-TO-DATE. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOU AND THE ORGANIZATION IS NOT A PHYSICIAN-PATIENT OR SIMILAR RELATIONSHIP; ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH PROVIDER WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE REGARDING A MEDICAL CONDITION, AND NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON THE SITE.
IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL YOUR DOCTOR OR 911 IMMEDIATELY. THE ORGANIZATION DOES NOT RECOMMEND OR ENDORSE ANY SPECIFIC TESTS, PHYSICIANS, PRODUCTS, PROCEDURES, OPINIONS, OR OTHER INFORMATION THAT MAY BE MENTIONED ON THE SITE. RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE ORGANIZATION, THE ORGANIZATION’S EMPLOYEES, INDIVIDUALS PROVIDING INFORMATION IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE AT THE INVITATION OF THE ORGANIZATION, OTHER VISITORS TO THE SITES OR USERS OF THE SERVICES AND/OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Rules of Conduct. While using the Site you will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. In addition, we expect users of the Site to respect the rights and dignity of others. Your use of the Site is conditioned on your compliance with the rules of conduct set forth in this section; any failure to comply may also result in termination of your access to the Site pursuant to Section 21 below. You agree that you will not:
Additionally, you acknowledge and agree that you (and not the Organization) are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telecommunications, broadband, and computer hardware, equipment and services needed to access and use the Site, and paying all charges related thereto.
- Post, transmit, or otherwise make available, through or in connection with the Site:
- Anything that is or may be (a) threatening, harassing, degrading, hateful or intimidating; (b)defamatory; (c) fraudulent or tortious; (d) obscene, indecent, pornographic or otherwise objectionable; or (e) protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right without the express prior consent of the owner of such right.
- Any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability; that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offense; or that encourages or provides instructional information about illegal activities or activities such as "hacking," "cracking," or "phreaking."
- Any virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware, or other computer code, file, or program that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment.
- Any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional material, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letter," "pyramid scheme" or investment opportunity, or any other form of solicitation.
- Any material, non-public information about a company without the proper authorization to do so.
- Use the Site for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose.
- Use the Site to defame abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, including without limitation others' privacy rights or rights of publicity, or harvest or collect personally identifiable information about other users of the Site.
- Impersonate any person or entity, including without limitation any representative of the Organization; falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the Site; or express or imply that we endorse any statement or posting you make.
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks.
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Site (including without limitation by hacking or defacing any portion of the Site).
- Use the Site to advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services without the Organization’s express prior written consent.
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to the Site.
- Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site.
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from the Site or materials originating from the Site.
- Frame or mirror any part of the Site without the Organization’s express prior written consent.
- Create a database by systematically downloading and storing any or all Site content.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, "scrape," "data mine" or in any way gather Site content or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site without the Organization’s express prior written consent.
- Purchases. We may make available products and services for purchase through the Site, and we may use third-party suppliers and service providers to enable e-commerce functionality on our Site. If you wish to purchase any product or service made available by us through the Site (each such purchase, a “Transaction”), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Transaction, including without limitation your credit card number, the expiration date of your credit card, your billing address, and your shipping information. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO USE ANY CREDIT CARD(S) UTILIZED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY TRANSACTION. By submitting such information, you grant the Organization the right to provide such information to third parties for purposes of facilitating the completion of Transactions initiated by you or on your behalf. Verification of information may be required prior to the acknowledgment or completion of any Transaction.
- Products, Content and Specifications. Descriptions and images of, and references to, third-party products or services available in connection with the Site do not imply the Organization’s endorsement of such third-party products or services. All descriptions, images, references, features, content, specifications, products and prices of products and services described or depicted on this Site, are subject to change at any time without notice. Refunds and exchanges will be subject to the Organization’s refund and exchange policies then in effect. You agree to pay all charges that may be incurred by you or on your behalf through the Site, at the price(s) in effect when such charges are incurred, including without limitation all shipping and handling charges. In addition, you remain responsible for any taxes that may be applicable to your Transactions.
- Accuracy of Information. We attempt to ensure that information on this Site is complete, accurate and current. Despite our efforts, the information on this Site may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. We make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy or currentness of any information on this Site. We reserve the right, without prior notice, to limit the order quantity on any product, item or service offered for sale on this Site and/or to refuse service to any customer. We may also require verification of any information prior to the acceptance of any order.
- Registration; User Names and Passwords. You may be required to register with the Organization in order to access certain Services or areas of the Site. With respect to any such registration, we may refuse to grant you, and you may not use, a user name (or e-mail address) that is already being used by someone else; that may be construed as impersonating another person; that belongs to another person; that violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person; that is offensive; or that we reject for any other reason in our sole discretion.
Your user name and password are for your personal use only, and not for use by any other person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password you may use to access the Site, and agree not to transfer your password or user name, or lend or otherwise transfer your use of or access to the Site, to any third party. You are fully responsible for all interaction with the Site that occurs in connection with your password or user name (including, without limitation, all Transactions). You agree to immediately notify the Organization of any unauthorized use of your password or user name or any other breach of security related to your account or the Site, and to ensure that you “log off”/exit from your account with the Site (if applicable) at the end of each session. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with any of the foregoing obligations.
- Profiles and Forums. We may provide you with the ability to post certain information and materials on your “profile page” (your “Profile”). Further, we and/or our service providers may make available through the Site services (for example, message boards, forums, blogs, chat functionality, messaging functionality and comment functionality on the Site, among other services) to which you are able to post information and materials (each, a "Forum").
Information contained in the Profiles and Forums may be provided by employees of the Organization and Affiliated Entities as well as by visitors to the Site and other third parties. Please note that Site visitors and other third parties may post messages or make statements in the Profiles and Forums that are inaccurate, misleading or deceptive. The Organization, the Affiliated Entities and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers and service providers neither endorse nor are responsible for any opinion, advice, information or statements made in the Profiles and Forums by third parties. Without limitation, the Organization, the Affiliated Entities and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers and service providers are not responsible for any information or materials made available through the Profiles and Forums (including without limitation errors or omissions in Profiles and Forum postings or links or images embedded in a Profile or in Forum messages) or results obtained by using any such information or materials. Under no circumstances will the Organization, the Affiliated Entities or their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers or service providers, be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on such information or materials. The opinions expressed in the Profiles and Forums reflect solely the opinions of the individuals who submitted such opinions, and may not reflect the opinions of the Organization.
In addition, the Organization, the Affiliated Entities and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers and service providers have no control over, and shall have no liability for, any damages resulting from the use (including without limitation republication) or misuse by any third party of information voluntarily made public through a Profile or a Forum or any other part of the Site. IF YOU CHOOSE TO MAKE ANY OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE OR OTHER INFORMATION PUBLICLY AVAILABLE IN A PROFILE OR A FORUM OR OTHERWISE ON THE SITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Private Forums. The Site may contain limited-access Forums (“Private Forums”) that are made available to Site visitors subject to such visitors meeting the applicable posted eligibility criteria. You may not access or attempt to access a Private Forum unless you meet the applicable posted eligibility criteria. We may deny you access to any Private Forum at any time and for any reason, including if, in our sole discretion, we determine that you do not meet the applicable posted eligibility criteria. You agree that any information or materials posted by us or by others in a Private Forum are confidential and shall not be disclosed to any third party outside such Private Forum, except to the extent that such information or materials (a) are or become generally known or available through no act or omission of you; (b) are known by you prior to accessing such information or materials through the applicable Private Forum; (c) are independently developed by you; (d) are lawfully obtained outside the Private Forum by you from a third party who has the right to make such disclosure; (e) are approved for disclosure in writing by us; or (f) are legally compelled to be disclosed, provided that you shall use reasonable efforts to give advance notice of such compelled disclosure to us, and shall cooperate with us in connection with any efforts to prevent or limit the scope of such disclosure or use. Your confidentiality obligations under this Section 12 shall survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement. You agree that Organization is neither responsible nor liable for the confidentiality of any information or materials posted in any Private Forum.
- Polls. We may make available voting and polling functionality on or through the Site. The results of such voting and polling are unscientific, and the Organization is neither responsible nor liable for the accuracy or integrity of such voting and polling. You agree not to fraudulently affect or attempt to affect the results of such voting and polling, including by submitting multiple responses or encouraging others to submit a certain response or multiple responses.
- License. For purposes of clarity, you retain ownership of any information, content and/or materials you submit through a Profile or a Forum or otherwise through the Site (each, a “Submission”). However, please note that we need certain rights to your Submissions to be able to make them available on the Site. As such, you hereby grant to the Organization, the Affiliated Entities and their respective service providers and designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, sublicenseable (through multiple tiers), royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license, without compensation to you: to use, reproduce, distribute, adapt (including without limitation edit, modify, translate, and reformat), create derivative works of, transmit, publicly display and publicly perform such Submission, in any media now known or hereafter developed.
This license is non-exclusive (so you can license your Submissions to others), worldwide (as the Internet is global in its reach), fully-paid up and royalty-free (so, for example, that we do not have to pay you for posting your Submissions), sublicenseable through multiple tiers (so that we can use our service providers and subcontractors to provide Services).
For each Submission, you represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary for you to grant the licenses granted in this Section 14, and that such Submission, and your provision thereof to and through the Site, comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You further irrevocably waive any “moral rights” or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding each Submission that you may have under any applicable law under any legal theory. We request this waiver to help ensure that we have all the rights we may need to provide the Services available through the Site.
- Monitoring. You acknowledge and agree that (a) we reserve the right (but have no obligation) to do any or all of the following, at our discretion: (i) monitor Submissions; (ii) alter, remove, or refuse to post or allow to be posted any Submission; and/or (iii) disclose any Submissions, and the circumstances surrounding their transmission, to any third party in order to operate the Site; to protect the Organization, the Affiliated Entities and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers and service providers, and the Site's users and visitors; to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests; to enforce this Agreement; or for any other reason or purpose.
- The Organization's Proprietary Rights. The information and materials made available through the Site, including the Services, are and shall remain the property of the Organization and its licensors and suppliers, and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and/or other proprietary rights and laws. Subject to your compliance with this Agreement, and solely for so long as you are permitted by the Organization to access and use the Site, you may view one (1) copy of any content on the Site to which we provide you access hereunder on any single computer solely for your personal, non-commercial home use, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Except as expressly authorized in advance by the Organization in writing, you agree not to reproduce, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based (whether in whole or in part) on, all or any part of the Site or any materials made available through the Site.
Trade names, trademarks and service marks of the Organization include without limitation, ONE MIND FOR RESEARCH and any associated logos. All trademarks and service marks on the Site not owned by the Organization are the property of their respective owners. The trade names, trademarks and service marks owned by the Organization, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not ours, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the Organization’s trade names, trademarks or service marks without our express prior written consent.
- Links. The Site may provide links to other web sites and online resources. Because the Organization has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that the Organization and the Affiliated Entities and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers and service providers are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and the Organization and the Affiliated Entities and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers and service providers neither endorse nor are responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available through such sites or resources. Other web sites may provide links to the Site with or without our authorization. You acknowledge and agree that the Organization and the Affiliated Entities and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers and service providers do not endorse such sites, and are not and shall not be responsible or liable for any links from those sites to the Site, any content, advertising, products or other materials available on or through such other sites, or any loss or damages incurred in connection therewith.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIRD PARTY WEB SITES AND RESOURCES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, DATA, ADVERTISING, PRODUCTS, OR OTHER MATERIALS ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH SUCH WEB SITES AND RESOURCES, IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE APPLICABLE TO SUCH SITES AND RESOURCES.
The Organization shall have the right, at any time and in its sole discretion, to block links to the Site through technological or other means without prior notice.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SITE AND ANY GOODS OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MUST EVALUATE, AND THAT YOU BEAR ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH, THE USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY RELIANCE ON THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE. THE ORGANIZATION AND THE AFFILIATED ENTITIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE AND ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES) OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, AND TITLE.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. THE ORGANIZATION AND THE AFFILIATED ENTITIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA, LOSS OF OTHER INTANGIBLES, LOSS OF SECURITY OF INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE, OR UNAUTHORIZED INTERCEPTION OF ANY SUCH INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTIES, EVEN IF ADVISED IN ADVANCE OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN PARTICULAR, AND WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE ORGANIZATION AND THE AFFILIATED ENTITIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR FROM ANY CONTENT POSTED ON THE SITE BY THE ORGANIZATION OR ANY THIRD PARTY. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE. THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF THE ORGANIZATION FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE THE TOTAL AMOUNT, IF ANY, PAID BY YOU TO THE ORGANIZATION TO ACCESS AND USE THE SITE OR $50, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
While we try to maintain the integrity and security of the Site and the servers from which the Site is operated, we do not guarantee that the Site will be or remain secure, complete or correct, or that access to the Site will be uninterrupted. The Site may include inaccuracies, errors and materials that violate or conflict with this Agreement. Additionally, third parties may make unauthorized alterations to the Site. If you become aware of any unauthorized third party alteration to the Site, contact us at [E-MAIL] with a description of the material(s) at issue and the URL or location on the Site where such material(s) appear.
- Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Organization and the Affiliated Entities and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers and service providers, from and against all claims, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys fees) arising out of (a) your use of, or activities in connection with, the Site (including all Transactions); or (b) any violation of this Agreement by you.
- Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated. The Organization, in its sole discretion, may terminate your access to or use of the Site, at any time and for any reason, including if the Organization believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement. Upon any such termination, your right to use the Site will immediately cease. You agree that any termination of your access to or use of the Site may be effected without prior notice, and that the Organization may immediately deactivate or delete your password and user name, and all related information and files associated with it, and/or bar any further access to such information or files. You agree that the Organization and the Affiliated Entities shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Site or to any such information or files, and shall not be required to make such information or files available to you after any such termination. Sections 2, 7, 9, 12, 15–22 and 26–27 shall survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement.
- Contact Us. If you have any questions regarding the meaning of application of this Agreement, please direct such questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that e-mail communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your e-mail correspondence with us.
- Filtering. Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d) as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available on the web site OnGuard Online (http://onguardonline.gov/). Please note that the Organization does not endorse any of the products or services listed at such site.
- Claims of Copyright Infringement. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials available on the Site infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send the Organization a notice requesting that the Organization remove the material or block access to it. If you believe in good faith that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, the DMCA permits you to send the Organization a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. See http://www.copyright.gov/ for details. Notices and counter-notices should be sent to:
Name: Janet Carbary
Address: 120 Lakeside Ave., Suite 200, Seattle, WA 98122
Fax Number: 206.659.4006
E-mail Address: email@example.com
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement does not, and shall not be construed to, create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency or franchisor-franchisee relationship between you and the Organization. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, that provision will be deemed severable from this Agreement and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provision. You may not assign, transfer or sublicense any or all of your rights or obligations under this Agreement without our express prior written consent. We may assign, transfer or sublicense any or all of our rights or obligations under this Agreement without restriction. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder will be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption or section title contained herein is inserted only as a matter of convenience, and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof. This, together with all policies referred to herein, is the entire Agreement between you and the Organization relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements or understandings between you and the Organization relating to such subject matter. Notices to you may be made via posting to the Site, by e-mail, or by regular mail, in the Organization's discretion. The Site may also provide notices of changes to this Agreement or other matters by displaying such notices or by providing links to such notices. Without limitation, you agree that a printed version of this Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. The Organization will not be responsible for failures to fulfill any obligations due to causes beyond its control.
Site © 2016 One Mind for Research, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.